October 13, 2017 – October 28, 2017
A Juried, International exhibit and sale of the finest in custom Gear and original Western Art.
This exhibit and sale, inside the Llano County Historical Museum, promotes Western Culture and Heritage and is a celebration of the Artists who have captured the grandeur of the West in the creation of their art.
All Work displayed during this premier event will be for sale to the public for the duration of this exhibit.
Guidelines and Application Details
Digital jpeg Images are preferred but Professional Quality Photographs will be accepted
APPLICATIONS and IMAGES MUST BE RECEIVED NO Later Than – July 1, 2017
The Western Trappings on The Llano Committee (“Trappings”) is responsible for the interpretation of these guidelines. Matters not covered are subject to a final decision by this Committee. For a complete understanding of the rules and regulations of this Exhibit and Sale, please refer to the Artist Application Form and Exhibit Agreement. If you have concerns or questions that are not covered, please contact:email@example.com
Guidelines and Artist Application Details
- This Juried Art Exhibition and Sale is open to all artists and gear makers.
- All works must be original custom Gear or original Western Art. 2D (two-dimensional) entries must be originals completed from 2015 to the present.
- Contemporary and traditional styles are welcomed. Paintings and other Art Works showing Western life styles or landscapes of the Texas Hill Country are encouraged.
- Submission of both three-dimensional and two-dimensional work, including artistic functional pieces, silver work, jewelry, leather work, spurs, bits, buckles and etc. is encouraged.
- Two-dimensionalwork cannot exceed 36” in its largest dimension (unframed image size)6. Paintings exceeding this size will be automatically rejected.
- All three-dimensionalwork must be no more than 84” tall with no more than 20 square foot footprint with a maximum weight of 200 pounds.
- More than one artist can be credited with a completed work of art but each of the artists contributing to the Work must be juried in with an individual Work in the 2017 exhibit. No entry will be accepted as the Work of a single artist when it is obvious more than one artist was involved in its creation.
- Artists may submit one application for up to 3 “Works of Art”.
- All Work must be for sale.
- All exhibit items will remain on exhibit until the close of the exhibit. Sold exhibit items will remain until the close of the exhibit.
- Artist Application
- The Artist Application Fee is $25.00 FOR THE FIRST PIECE ENTERED AND $15.00 FOR EACH ADDITIONAL PIECE ENTERED. All artists entering must go through the jury process. This is how Trappings “balances” the exhibit for equal representation of all art forms and gear.
- The Artist’s Application, Images and Fees must be received by July 1, 2017
III. Artist Application Submissions
- Online applications and images submissions will be accepted at:
- CALL FOR ENTRYS, CaFE website, callforentry.org or
- Western Trappings on The Llano, http://www.westerntrappings.com
- Image Quality
- Applications must include professional quality color images, digital or photographs.
- Digital images submitted through CaFE must be formatted to their specifications.
- Artists must submit professional quality color images for the jury selection and publicity, please do not submit images with copyright watermarks, logos, and etc. The longer dimension of each image should not be smaller than 600 pixels and no larger than 900 pixels; 72 or 96 dpi; JPG format, RGB color mode. Sculptors, wood workers, leather, jewelry, gear and tack makers may submit up to three images of each piece.
- Poor quality images may influence the jury outcome.
- TRAPPINGS UNDERSTANDS WITH A JULY 1ST DEADLINE FOR ENTRY MANY OF YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE ACTUAL PIECES TO BE ENTERED COMPLETED. YOU ARE ALLOWED TO SUBMIT PHOTOGRAPHS OF “LIKE” ITEMS FOR THE JURY PROCESS. IF YOU SUBMIT A PHOTO OF A LANDSCAPE OIL PAINTING, YOU MUST ENTER A LANDSCAPE OIL PAINTING.
- Submission of Images
- Images may be submitted electronically online at the website, callforentry.org
- Electronically online or via email attachment, firstname.lastname@example.org SEND IMAGES AS EMAIL ATTACHMENT; DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ATTACH TO APPLICATION
- Identify images with ARTIST NAME or TITLE of the Work
- Artists may submit an application for up to three (3) “Works of Art” for consideration by the jury.
- Value of Art
- The estimated value, asking price, must be clearly marked on the Artist’s application for each work submitted for consideration.
- Artists are responsible and liable for their artwork during the exhibit. Shipping insurance is recommended but not required.
VII. The Exhibit
- The Western Trappings on The Llano Art Exhibit and Sale will be inside the Llano County Historical Museum.
- All 2 D art designed to hang must have wire (no saw tooth hooks) ready for hanging. This includes gallery wrapped paintings. Screws should be placed 1/3 of the way down from the top
- “Trappings” shall be solely responsible, at its discretion, for hanging the Art, preparing promotional material for the exhibit, and selling the Art for the Artist during the exhibit. Artists having special display requirements to have the art at the correct height for best viewing need to provide stands.
- Information about “Special Openings,” viewing hours, and other associated events will be publicized.
VIII. Fees, Sales and Artist Recognition
- All Works must be for sale.
- Prices listed on the application form are binding and cannot be changed after the opening of the exhibit.
- Sold Works will be released to the buyer at the end of the exhibition.
- All works may be displayed on the Museum’s and Trappings websites and Social Media.
- “Trappings “reserves the right to use Art images for the purpose of promotion for this and future exhibits.
- Artists grant “Trappings “permission to photograph selected Artwork for publicity purposes.
- “Trappings” will charge a 30% commission on all exhibit sales.
- There will be no auction or request for artists to donate pieces to Trappings or the Museum.
- The submissions must be of the Artist’s original work. All works must be original custom Gear or original Western Art. 2D (two-dimensional) entries must be originals completed from 2015 to the present.
- Works that copy, reproduce, imitate or otherwise infringe on someone else’s copyrighted material will not be considered.
- Notification of Acceptance
- Acceptance status into the exhibit will be sent to all applicants following the jury process. Confirmation should be received after July 15, 2017 and before August 1, 2017.
- Jury Process
- The purpose of the jury process is to ensure that the highest quality of fine Western Art is exhibited. Submitted original Artwork that is considered to be of the highest overall quality and that meets the greatest number of the following criteria will be juried into the exhibit based upon:
- Quality, Presentation, Western content, Artistic merit, Technical skills, Composition and Style (Innovative vs. traditional)
- Upon receipt of the actual Artwork, “Trappings” reserves the right to withdraw the juried piece if it fails to meet the jury’s expectations. Quality of framing and presentation may be considered.
XIII. Art Delivery
- “Works of Art” selected for inclusion in the Exhibit must be completed, framed or mounted for display, including any special display required and delivered as indicated in the Exhibit/Contract Letter.
XIV. Shipping and Brokerage
- DELIVERY OF WORKS TO MUSEUM
- The Artist shall be responsible for all shipping, brokerage and insurance costs or fees incurred for transportation of the Artist’s Work to and from the exhibit.
- Accepted entries may be shipped or hand delivered.
- Shipping insurance for full loss is recommended.
- RETURN OF WORKS TO ARTIST
- Artists shall ensure that within ten days following the final day of the Exhibit that their Art is picked up by the Artist, Courier Company or that in advancethe Artist had notified “Trappings” of the Artist’s desire to have their Work shipped.
- Artist who advises “Trappings” in advanceof their desire to have the Art shipped back will make those shipping arrangements with assistance from the committee.
- This return shipping and insurance cost shall be the Artist’s expense and responsibility.
- Work shall be returned in the original packing and boxes when possible.
THIS AGREEMENT IS MADE BETWEEN; the “Artist” and the Western Trappings on the Llano Art Exhibit and Sale Committee (“Trappings”).
- The Committee will hold insurance for all the works of Art included in the Exhibit from the time of receipt by the Committee until the end of the exhibit, or if not sold, until the piece is delivered by the Committee directly to the Artist or to a shipper for return to the Artist. Each piece will be insured for the upper limit of the estimated value range.
- Except for the above mentioned insurance coverage to be held by the Committee, the piece shall be received from, stored for, and returned to the Artist as provided in this agreement at the sole risk of the Artist. The Committee shall not be liable for any loss or damage to the piece from any cause whatsoever including, without limitation, any act or inaction, whether negligent or not, on the part of the Committee, and its affiliates, or their directors, officers, employees, representatives and volunteers.
- The Committee reserves the right to publish and exhibit pieces included in the Exhibit for publicity and promotion of the Western Trappings on the Llano Art Exhibit and Sale. The conduct and the condition of the sale shall be determined solely by the Committee.
- Net proceeds of sale shall be paid by the Committee as soon as possible after the sale date.
- The Artist warrants that the Artwork submitted for consideration by the jury is the original work of the Artist. Further the Artist represents and warrants to the Committee that any piece submitted is not encumbered in any manner, and that ownership of the piece will pass to the purchaser thereof.
- The Committee, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to withdraw acceptance of any piece upon its delivery and/or before the moment of sale.
- Pieces selected for inclusion in the Auction must be completed, framed or mounted for display, and delivered as indicated in the Acceptance Letter.
- This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between “Trappings” and the Artist.
Personal and demographic information provided in this application will not be used for purposes other than those related to the Llano County Historical Museum operated programs or business purposes. Your information will be handled with respect, and will not be sold, given away, or provided to parties outside the Llano County Historical Museum without your consent, unless the law requires that it be shared.If you wish to pay your $25 fee online click here